This page lists my (co-authored) journal articles that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. Whenever you click on the title of the article you should be automatically directed to a copy of the article. Whenever you click on the DOI-link you should be directed to journal’s page, which features the article. Should you run into a pay wall for any of these articles, please drop me an email and I am happy to send you a copy. Alternatively, check my Academia.edu or Researchgate pages.
- Roelofsen, M. 2020. A review of: The Future of Airbnb and the ‘Sharing Economy’. The Collaborative Consumption of Our Cities. Tourism Geographies. https://doi.org/10.1080/14616688.2019.1708448
- Minca, C. & Roelofsen, M. 2019. Becoming Airbnbeings: on datafication and the quantified Self in tourism. Tourism Geographies. https://doi.org/10.1080/14616688.2019.1686767
- Roelofsen, M. 2018. Exploring the socio-spatial inequalities of Airbnb in Sofia, Bulgaria Erdkunde 74(4) 313–327. https://doi.org/10.3112/erdkunde.2018.04.04
- Roelofsen, M. & Minca, C. 2018. The Superhost. Biopolitics, home and community in the Airbnb dream-world of global hospitality. Geoforum 91: 170-181. DOI: 10.1016/j.geoforum.2018.02.021
- Roelofsen, M. 2018. Performing “home” in the sharing economies of tourism. The Airbnb experience in Sofia, Bulgaria. Fennia 196(1) 24–42. DOI: 10.11143/fennia.66259
- Roelofsen, M. & Peters, K. 2017. “Het was gewoon vanzelfsprekend.” Over lidmaatschap van het corps, sociale netwerken en vrouwelijkheid. Vrijetijdstudies 1:35, 21-31.
- Roelofsen, M. & Peters, K. 2015. Doing femininity and respectability: social networks and social capital among female members of Dutch student organisations. Leisure Studies 36(33): 341-356. DOI: 10.1080/02614367.2015.1105860