This year, the 7th International Workshop on the Sharing Economy took place at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya and was hosted by the Faculty of Economics and Business. I had the pleasure to be on board of the Scientific Committee and to convene a session on the social impacts of the sharing economy. The Workshop included 17 sessions with a total of 66 presentations and 4 keynotes, all of which concerned scholarly work on the “sharing economy”. The presentations were very diverse in terms of theoretical approaches, and empirically grounded in a wide variety of contexts. Whilst studies on for-profit platform “giants” like Airbnb and Uber were abundant, studies on cooperative and non-commercial platforms were also plentiful and gave insight in alternative, collaborative or other-than-capitalist platform futures.
All plenary sessions were recorded and can be accessed on YouTube via the following links:
- Opening session and keynote address Oksana Mont LINK: https://youtu.be/XTgqgcIOABU
- Keynote address Igor Calzada LINK: https://youtu.be/aAifGv5kYhQ
- Keynote address Lizzie Richardson LINK: https://youtu.be/gynWvTeqhKU
- Keynote Address Mayo Fuster LINK: https://youtu.be/OE_S9Y6-0FM
- Closing Session Julie Wilson / Koen Frenken LINK: https://youtu.be/d4CaRNdLSGc